Thursday, 15 October 2009

Bet 1 wins

So, Voler La Vedette wins cosily at Punchestown. She went off at 5/2, showing a 5pts profit for the season. I enjoyed watching the prices for the race on Betfair whilst at work, as I was unable to sneak away from my room to watch the race on my mobile. 

I would imagine that the mare will be aimed at some pretty prestigious races later in the season after winning this listed contest. Her trainer, Colm Murphy, seems to think that she is still improving, so she really could turn into something fairly special.

Who knows - maybe the mares only race at the Festival may be the ultimate target... We shall see come March.

None of the stable horses are running tomorrow, but I am very much looking forward to attending my first jumps meet of the season in Cheltenham on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment